Mormon Literature Bibliography
Search Database | Browse by Period | Anthologies | Sample Literature | Submit Info | Review Mormon Literary History
Search the Mormon Literature Bibliography Database
Press here to enter a search of the Mormon Literature Bibliography by author, title, or genre. The database is current through about 1991.
If you are aware of Mormon Literature not listed here, please help us update this resource by submitting the relevant information to Gideon Burton
Review Mormon Literary History
One of the best ways to acquaint onself with Mormon Literature is to read the review essays on this website that give overviews of the history of and issues associated with Mormon Literature. Please go to the Mormon Criticism page.
Anthologies and Published Collections of Mormon Literature
Note: These anthologies of LDS literature, arranged by date, provide an excellent overview of Mormon literature across different periods and genres.
- A Believing People (ed. Richard Cracroft and Neal Lambert, Brigham Young University Press, 1974 and 1979)
Table of Contents
No longer in print, this anthology is accessible in a few library locations (such as in libraries at Institutions of higher learning in Utah). Permission has been granted for portions of this anthology to be made accessible on this website. As these become available and formatted, they will be accessible from the Table of Contents, here.
- Twenty-two Young Mormon Writers (ed. Richard Cracroft and Neal Lambert, Provo, UT: Communications Workshop, 1975)
- Greening Wheat: Fifteen Mormon Short Stories (ed. Levi S. Peterson, Midvale, UT: Orion Books, 1983)
- Harvest: Contemporary Mormon Poems (ed. Eugene England and Dennis Clark, Signature, 1989)
- Bright Angels and Familiars: Mormon Short Stories (ed. Eugene England, Signature, 1992)
- Tending the Garden: Essays on Mormon Literature (ed. Lavina Fielding Anderson, Eugene England, Signature, 1996)
Reviewed by Eric Eliason
[Sampler | Bibliography | Criticism | Who's Who | What's Where | AML-List]
This page last updated Friday, August 02, 1996
Please send your updates, corrections, or comments to Gideon Burton: MormonLit@byu.edu